4th – 6th June 2018
Purpose of the trip
Since November, the changes in Zimbabwe’s political standing have been attracting the attention of our members. With the country’s commitment to positioning Zimbabwe on the global economic stage, this summer was the time for our members to connect with our network on the ground and building meaningful relationships with key political stakeholders and leading business people. Through a tailored agenda the trip allowed delegates to both understand and utilise each other’s businesses, as well as meeting with Zimbabwean industry figures in a series of visits designed to their interests.
Invest Africa were invited to Congo by Attias & Associates, who, alongside the Congolese government, organised a conference promoting investment opportunities in the resource rich country. The trip to Congo’s capital, Brazzaville, was focused around the NY Forum. It was the first time the event was held in Sub-Saharan Africa. The delegation spent two days at the forum with public and private sector players to discuss the sectoral themes driving growth on the continent and how these are influencing growth in the Congolese economy.
- Roundtable hosted by H.E. President Emmerson Mnangagwa
- Reception at the British Embassy with HMA Catriona Laing, British Ambassador to Zimbabwe
- Investor Dinner hosted by Atlas Mara and BancABC
- Roundtable hosted by Econet Wireless Zimbabwe
- Investor Lunch with RioZim
- Roundtable with the Minister of Finance, Patrick Chinamasa and Reserve Bank Governor, John Mangudya
- Investor Dinner Hosted by Masawara Holdings
The Investor Mission report will be shared shortly.